Логин  Пароль 
 запомнить меня 

Правила форума

This forum is purposed for those who's unable to speak in Russian, but still wants to take part in our products' discussion.
Since this forum is for English-speaking users, you have to speak here in English (kinda obvious, right?). All messages in any other language will be removed.

Also, you can registrate here.

Cant play Revolution R6 with high resolution patch 
Автор Сообщение
Новичок

Сообщение 16.01.2013, 00:26
Greetings, i will try to describe my problem the best i can:
i have a installed a GOG version of Space rangers 2 Reboot
-installed Revolution R6
-Installed that add on from (mediafire) and copy everything into game folder overwritten everything
- I copyed those 4 fixes in data\script as well
-Changed Install.txt replacing those several lines as readme.txt says
if i start game with rangers.exe all great except resolution since my laptop runs 1366x768
if i start a game with RangersNewRes.exe, well the game starts but that intro number counter from 1c is freezed, if i hit escape button its all black but i can hear music from elemental-games, and if i hit escape again the movie introduction starts all fine in full screen mode ??? and then if i hit escape again to skip the movie i can hear the music of the main menu but i have no image.
i discovered that if i hit Alt+tab and after that and then return to game again, i do get a main menu screen but its all freezed, the game does not block it self, rather is not displaying anything except static image. for example if i hit exit game button nothing appears but since i know where would exit window normally appeared i can press mouse there and exit the game normaly :(

I tryed to run a game in Compatibility mode with XP service pack 3
also i tryed to disable visual themes, desktop composition and display scaling on high DPI and no luck ... same problems.

Also in game installation folder an errors folder appeared with 3 error files and all had this
- myRaiseExceptionProc: 005164CC

i searched this above string in google wich led me to some post here in russian language section in wich i found that maybe adding a line "SkipIntro = yes" in cfg.txt but no luck for me.. same problem

Any suggestion.. is there a solution for this???

while i waited i decide to play normal low res ranger.exe and i stumbled upon another problem.. i can't change any option in options menu coz when i hit a confirm button i get crash to desktop :(. the interesting thing is that the ground battle appears in full widescreen mode while space doesnt

Сотрудник СНК-Games

Символ творца. За разработку утилиты "Микроскоп", значительно облегчившей создание чемпионатных генераций КР2.

Шаман без бубна
Сообщение 16.01.2013, 20:33
"myRaiseExceptionProc: 005164CC" is a common line for different errors, actual type of error is written right before that.
Also, if game still tries to play movie after adding "SkipIntro = yes" to your cfg file, search it for line "SkipIntro=no" (which is there by default).

Новичок

Сообщение 17.01.2013, 02:46
thanx for answer.. anyway it starts to get even more weird.. today i connected my laptop to another monitor and i cloned displays at work and the game is working great with HI res on on both screens o_O.. but when i disconnect and restart its same problem all over again

Цитата:
"myRaiseExceptionProc: 005164CC" is a common line for different errors, actual type of error is written right before that.

ok now there are several error files with 2 different errors
Error:
Read: 3E54E6D3

and another is
RTL: Exception
UnitGet Type=RobotResolution

and till now i played 4 ground battles without any problem

Цитата:
Also, if game still tries to play movie after adding "SkipIntro = yes" to your cfg file, search it for line "SkipIntro=no" (which is there by default).

the only entry i found in cfg.txt is
"SkipIntro=FALSE" wich i changed to TRUE but same problem all thou it does skip all 3 intros and goes straight to main menu

Сотрудник СНК-Games

Символ творца. За разработку утилиты "Микроскоп", значительно облегчившей создание чемпионатных генераций КР2.

Шаман без бубна
Сообщение 17.01.2013, 09:12
tindrli :
RTL: Exception
UnitGet Type=RobotResolution

Probably you have choosen game and/or robots resolution, that is higher than possible on your monitor. Actually, you said earlier that your laptop runs only 1366x768, is there any point in using highres patch on it at all?
tindrli :
today i connected my laptop to another monitor and i cloned displays at work and the game is working great with HI res

Well, that new monitor has greater resolution I guess. Not sure why it also works on laptop in this case.

Новичок

Сообщение 17.01.2013, 13:00
Цитата:
Probably you have choosen game and/or robots resolution, that is higher than possible on your monitor. Actually, you said earlier that your laptop runs only 1366x768, is there any point in using highres patch on it at all?

well you got the point there.. i dont mind low res at all.. but my problem is that i my SR2 looks like this in normal mode

its not covering entire screen .. if i can only get it to full screen it would be all fine.. but ground battles are all screen all ok
Изображение

Цитата:
Probably you have choosen game and/or robots resolution, that is higher than possible on your monitor

how can i chose bigger resolution that my laptop use anyway.. ??? when i installed revolution it asked me what resolution i want and i try two times .. once i choosed AUTO, and another time i choosed 1366x768 but i got same results :(

Главный узурпатор всея СНК

Символ творца. Мастер многоходовочек (8.01.2018)
Сообщение 18.01.2013, 17:46
tindrli :
its not covering entire screen .. if i can only get it to full screen it would be all fine.. but ground battles are all screen all ok

Well, that is simple. It looks like option called "Preserve aspect ratio" is enabled at your video card driver's settings screen. It's purposed for the best possible experience when native resolution of LCD screen is higher than the resolution which you have selected.

So basically, because SR2 by default supports 800x600 and 1024x768, which is lower resolutions than your native 1366x768, that's how video card driver resolves this issue.

Nevertheless, it's pretty strange that you have so many problems with resolution patch. Can you provide us full specs of your PC? Standart report from Lavalys Everest or AIDA64 should suffice.

Новичок

Сообщение 18.01.2013, 23:25
Цитата:
Lavalys Everest or AIDA64

I dont have any of those apps.. but will download and report ASAP.

Цитата:
Well, that is simple. It looks like option called "Preserve aspect ratio" is enabled at your video card driver's settings screen. It's purposed for the best possible experience when native resolution of LCD screen is higher than the resolution which you have selected.

hmm i searched carefully every god damn option in that built in INTEL graphic setting but no Preserve aspect ratio option. I did found something that could work but the weird part is those options are in MEDIA section and not in Display as i would expected. there is a screenshot
Moar :
Изображение

i will try to change this one later on but first that AIDA or Everest report.
Hardware page is very big so i included only system page which is also big but if its not sufficient pls let me know

Moar :
Код:

Version                                           AIDA64 v2.70.2267 Beta
    Benchmark Module                                  3.0.478-x32
    Homepage                                          http://www.aida64.com/
    Report Type                                       Report Wizard
    Computer                                          USER_3
    Generator                                         tindrli
    Operating System                                  Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 6.1.7600.16988 (Win7

RTM)
    Date                                              2013-01-18
    Time                                              21:14

--------[ Summary

]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer:
      Computer Type                                     ACPI x86-based PC  (Mobile)
      Operating System                                  Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
      OS Service Pack                                   -
      Internet Explorer                                 8.0.7600.16385 (IE 8.0 - Windows 7)
      DirectX                                           DirectX 11.0
      Computer Name                                     USER_3
      User Name                                         tindrli
      SMTP E-mail Address                               tindrli@xox.ba
      Logon Domain                                      PHARMA
      Date / Time                                       2013-01-18 / 21:14

Motherboard:
      CPU Type                                          Mobile DualCore Intel Pentium P6200, 2133 MHz

(16 x 133)
      Motherboard Name                                  Hewlett-Packard HP 630 Notebook PC
      Motherboard Chipset                               Intel Ibex Peak-M HM55, Intel Ironlake-M
      System Memory                                     1909 MB  (DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM)
      DIMM1: Ramaxel RMT3020EF48E8W1333                 2 GB DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM  (10-9-9-24 @ 666

MHz)  (9-9-9-24 @ 666 MHz)  (8-8-8-22 @ 609 MHz)  (7-7-7-20 @ 533 MHz)  (6-6-6-17 @ 457 MHz)  (5-5-5-14

@ 380 MHz)
      BIOS Type                                         Insyde (07/22/2011)
      Communication Port                                Standard Serial over Bluetooth link (COM11)
      Communication Port                                Standard Serial over Bluetooth link (COM12)
      Communication Port                                Standard Serial over Bluetooth link (COM16)
      Communication Port                                Standard Serial over Bluetooth link (COM4)
      Communication Port                                Standard Serial over Bluetooth link (COM6)
      Communication Port                                Standard Serial over Bluetooth link (COM7)
      Communication Port                                Standard Serial over Bluetooth link (COM8)
      Communication Port                                Standard Serial over Bluetooth link (COM9)

Display:
      Video Adapter                                     Intel(R) HD Graphics  (748470 KB)
      Video Adapter                                     Intel(R) HD Graphics  (748470 KB)
      3D Accelerator                                    Intel HD Graphics
      Monitor                                           Samsung 156AT05-307  [15.6" LCD]

Multimedia:
      Audio Adapter                                     Intel Ibex Peak HDMI @ Intel Ibex Peak PCH -

High Definition Audio Controller [B-2]
      Audio Adapter                                     Realtek ALC270 @ Intel Ibex Peak PCH - High

Definition Audio Controller [B-2]

Storage:
      IDE Controller                                    Intel(R) 5 Series 4 Port SATA AHCI Controller
      Storage Controller                                ABZJ2TZN IDE Controller
      Disk Drive                                        WDC WD3200BEVT-60A23T0  (320 GB, 5400 RPM,

SATA-II)
      Optical Drive                                     hp DVDRAM GT31L
      Optical Drive                                     XEVUZ 9ENK5EN SCSI CdRom Device
      SMART Hard Disks Status                           OK

Partitions:
      C: (NTFS)                                         148.9 GB (10.8 GB free)
      D: (NTFS)                                         149.0 GB (10.7 GB free)
      Total Size                                        298.0 GB (21.6 GB free)

Input:
      Keyboard                                          Standard PS/2 Keyboard
      Mouse                                             Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad

Network:
      Primary IP Address                                192.168.1.78
      Primary MAC Address                               D0-DF-8A-BF-E2-3A
      Network Adapter                                   Atheros AR9285 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter 

(192.168.1.78)
      Network Adapter                                   Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
      Network Adapter                                   Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
      Modem                                             Standard Modem over Bluetooth link
      Modem                                             Standard Modem over Bluetooth link #2
      Modem                                             Standard Modem over Bluetooth link #3
      Modem                                             Standard Modem over Bluetooth link #4
      Modem                                             Standard Modem over Bluetooth link #5
      Modem                                             Standard Modem over Bluetooth link #6

Peripherals:
      Printer                                           Canon iR C2380/2550 PCL6
      Printer                                           Fax
      Printer                                           Foxit PhantomPDF Printer
      Printer                                           Microsoft XPS Document Writer
      USB2 Controller                                   Intel Ibex Peak PCH - USB 2.0 EHCI Controller 1

[B-2]
      USB2 Controller                                   Intel Ibex Peak PCH - USB 2.0 EHCI Controller 2

[B-2]
      USB Device                                        Atheros AR3011 Bluetooth 3.0 + HS Adapter
      USB Device                                        Generic USB Hub
      USB Device                                        Generic USB Hub
      USB Device                                        HP Webcam-101
      USB Device                                        USB Composite Device
      Battery                                           Microsoft AC Adapter
      Battery                                           Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery
      Battery                                           Microsoft Composite Battery

DMI:
      DMI BIOS Vendor                                   Hewlett-Packard
      DMI BIOS Version                                  F.1A
      DMI System Manufacturer                           Hewlett-Packard
      DMI System Product                                HP 630 Notebook PC
      DMI System Version                                058A100000004C10002600000
      DMI System Serial Number                          5CB1324MX5
      DMI System UUID                                   4BD953B2-75F7E401-3F8B92F5-C3730FF0
      DMI Motherboard Manufacturer                      Hewlett-Packard
      DMI Motherboard Product                           3674
      DMI Motherboard Version                           28.24
      DMI Motherboard Serial Number                     PCANCA97V0NKUT
      DMI Chassis Manufacturer                          Hewlett-Packard
      DMI Chassis Version                               Chassis Version
      DMI Chassis Serial Number                         Chassis Serial Number
      DMI Chassis Asset Tag                             Chassis Asset Tag
      DMI Chassis Type                                  Notebook

Also while playing i noticed another strange thing.
I was scanning for different hulls. and i happens that i found a good one in a system 32 parsec away. but when i got there(Ranger base) the hull was not there..ok. i though that maybe i was late but searching again revealed the same hull that is missing. and i noticed that many of the Equipment from Reboot are missing. So i wonder are all Reboot Equipment & hulls included In revolution or not?

Posted after 38 minutes 16 seconds:
Цитата:

i found that option.. it was not in graphics control panel at all. in my case it is located when you press right mouse button on common desktop zone and then selecting. but for some reason i cant unselect it..And i just found that my Display drivers are from the stone age ( at least thats what automatic search driver function on intel web site is saying) and now im updating with new ones. Will report back.

I installed new drivers but same problem. and no maintain aspect ratio option in graphics control panel :(

Новичок

Сообщение 19.01.2013, 01:30
i discover how to turn on "maintain aspect ratio" in graphics control panel. it seems that this option appears when you lower a resolution below recommended. Here is another screenshot.

Moar :
Изображение

i tried to run Hi res game with all possible resolutions changing all 3 options with no luck. i got same problem as i described in a first post.. it seems that i only get a first image and game stops refreshing display.. its not blocked or anything and the mouse pointer does have animation and music is playing normally and i can still exit a game if i click and actually hit a spot where supposed "yes" would appeared in normal circumstances.
ufffff God damn.. i was pretty optimistic with that "maintain aspect ratio" stuff . and i still dont understand why it works well when i plug external monitor :(

Сообщение 19.01.2013, 11:24
Well, it looks like all your troubles are coming from the fact that you have notebook with so-called "hybrid" graphic or with two separate video cards.

Try this little console app made by one of the fellow posters: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5309783/RangersRedrawer.exe. Just run it, and when console window appears (if it says "working" - everything's good) - run SR2. Try and tell us how it went.

And if you don't mind, I'll hide all your screenshots and hardware report under "spoiler" tag.

Новичок

Сообщение 19.01.2013, 17:30
thank you for hiding and making my posts smaller.. for some reason spoiler tag was working differently than usual so i decide to use code.

and console app is running allready, it says "working..." will wait and report
thanx again

is it normal that this console app is still working?? now it will be almost 3 hours. and i didnt copyed this app in game installation folder. i run it from the desktop

Последний раз редактировалось tindrli 19.01.2013, 19:55, всего редактировалось 1 раз.

Сообщение 19.01.2013, 18:41
tindrli :
and console app is running allready, it says "working..." will wait and report

Well, you shouldn't wait for anything, really, just run SR2 as soon as this app starts up, and see if this solves your problem.

Новичок

Сообщение 19.01.2013, 20:32
HA!!!! i misunderstood, Whole this time i was waiting " everything's good" this sentence to appear in console .
AND ITS WORKING!!!!!! i have full wide res :D.
I tryed again without this little app and same problems appeared but no big deal i can run this every time i start game .

My second probelm is also solved. I can normaly change anything in options menu without Crash to desktop so BIG BIG thanx again.

Цитата:
Also while playing i noticed another strange thing.
I was scanning for different hulls. and i happens that i found a good one in a system 32 parsec away. but when i got there(Ranger base) the hull was not there..ok. i though that maybe i was late but searching again revealed the same hull that is missing. and i noticed that many of the Equipment from Reboot are missing. So i wonder are all Reboot Equipment & hulls included In revolution or not?

only this remains ?? is this normal?? coz im havin a sensation hat "reboot" had more equipment/housing types than revolution or maybe they are here but are rare to obtain or something

Сообщение 19.01.2013, 22:02
tindrli :
is this normal??

Yep, that's pretty much how it should be. Think of it as of a feature.

Новичок

Сообщение 20.01.2013, 16:46
All right, thank you again.

Перейти:  

Найти: