Логин  Пароль 
 запомнить меня 

Правила форума

This forum is purposed for those who's unable to speak in Russian, but still wants to take part in our products' discussion.
Since this forum is for English-speaking users, you have to speak here in English (kinda obvious, right?). All messages in any other language will be removed.

Also, you can registrate here.

suggestion for Space Rangers HD: A War Apart 
Автор Сообщение
Новичок

Сообщение 16.06.2012, 09:43
since there is not such a thread at least in English part i will start my own for my first post :P

first i must say i love this game its very good, almost perfect

ok the problem for this awesome game is that the only challenge u face is the first 6 years of the game after that u have enough technology and equipment to kill anything and the only challenge is getting the highest score possible.

AI does not seem to do any calculation to pick target or do something smart they just mindlessly follow u around like zombies (at least coalition stop following u around for repairs but dominators are realy zombies they just want to kill u so they follow u anywhere u go)

what i want to see in this expansion is a smarter and harder enemies clearly increasing difficulty just by increasing number, armor, shield, etc wont solve anything (player always find better things to counter that)

for example we already have 5 type of dominators so all of them should do different things
shtip: special agent they mostly avoid enemies except if they are in a losing battle, they try to damage critical position of enemy, they also have a self destruct function that do huge damage and use it when they are in a losing battle
menok: sabotagers they always carry weapons that do equipment damage but they dont do much damage
smersh: they only have missile weapons and they try to keep maximum distance also they try to keep most powerfull enemies distracted (if they are in a losing battle) or they try to get the most powerfull enemy attention and bring them to the equentors
urgant: their roll is to protect equentors they have weapons of mass destruction
equentor: maximum damage, but single target , their roll is to kill the biggest enemy (that smersh bring for them :P)

another solution is to inventing a new skill with highest exp requirement named tactic
1: maximum damage little survivability: u are tring to do maximum damage by aiming in weak point of enemy ship as a result u bypass enemy armor also ur maneuverability is half (or it may work like this: your damage is multiplied by 1.5 but your equipment degrade at double rate)
2: sabotage: the only thing u do is damaging enemy defensive and offensive equipment so u aim at their droid, shield, as a result u always inflict the minimum damage, also ur maneuverability is 0 (or u do double equipment damage to enemy and at the same time u receive 1.5 time damage)
4: protection: u dont do much damage beacuse u just try to dodge enemy weapons, as a result your maneuverability is double and your damage is half (or u receive %.75 damage and u inflict 50% damage)
5: equipment protection: u disable your shield and droid temporarily and they repair a little

Адмирал

Владыка Шестерёнок. За безмерное количество вовремя найденных при тестировании багов и вклад в допиливание баланса игры.
Сообщение 17.06.2012, 23:39
First let me explain several things there: developer's resources can't be called rich... As far as I know they are very limited time-wise and mostly great efforts were made to check the game and solve the problem of badly balanced gamecode: bad optimization and mistakes made by original developers. In conclusion now major features cannot be included as with new fraction of pirates and many other additions testing and correcting the game balance is absolutly critical. What can be done is suggesting more number-wise as the difference between difference levels of equipment etc. I liked suggestion to change the difference between power generators to 3% and set the first level at 10% because the 5% generator is meh. As a result several situations won't happen: player being invincible starting the midgame and crushing everyone (including Rock which is too powerful even for unique ship) or unbeatable pirates with enermous defence in late game.

AI improvements as you suggested are doubtfully to be added in this expansion since again much testing and balancing is needed. With new enhancements being added to new unique equipments and ships it's dumb to suggest such changes as we are unaware of work being done now and not participating in beta-testing (though even if participating in beta discussing closed info from non-public beta violates the agreement, so no-no :-)). For us it's all about moving later the stage when player is invincible.

Главный узурпатор всея СНК

Символ творца. Мастер многоходовочек (8.01.2018)
Сообщение 18.06.2012, 00:11
Well, since everything's worth saying has been said by bulDOSer, I'm just gonna confirm his words and say that we'll try to cut some corners and implement few of the high-demanded features in a null-day patch that'll be available pretty much simultaneously with public release of the game.

Новичок

Сообщение 18.06.2012, 00:30
now that i think more about it i really didn't suggest anything that was just an example, clearly people can and would come with better ideas i just wanted to say what i am not approve of :) (among a lot of other things that i love) and to not just complain i tried to make a example
i am not a experience player nor am i aware of situation i tried to participate because this game worth the trouble i can name countless games that i played once and throw away afterward but this game is different
but as u said it maybe too late or even impossible to improve AI(its selfish but personally i don't care that much about graphic i just played wizardry 8 again a couple of month ago :) so i didnt pay much attention to graphical improvement i must say i am sorry for that)
about the problem that players become invincible, in my humble opinion scaling wont change anything (that's why i didn't suggest anything about changing equipments characteristic because i think equipment is tools for AI and player and any side use this tools better win)

sadly it seems i cant do anything :) well then i wish u guys good luck and i am sure it would be a great expansion :) i cant wait to see it

and thanks for your replays :)

Новичок

Сообщение 12.08.2012, 13:23
ok i come back with more stupid suggestion (or brilliant, well lets be positive :P ). in order to bring additional challenge to the game i thought about some special forces.
this elite ships have weapons that cant be acquired in any way, they are powerful, fast and deadly. generally u better not face them with anything other unique ships or u will face major disappointment. even with unique ships u would never defeat them head on, divide and conquer.

they wont show up, when major part of galaxy is under control of dominators, but with loss of each sector the chance of finding them became greater. there will be some special event (witch player will be notified) that this special units invade a system.

this ships also are guardians of 2 boss of game terran and blazer. so it would be harder to attack them if u didn't plan ahead.

reward for destroying them: special artifacts that cant be acquired in any other way.

please not that i am not aware of how hard it is to implement it, i just wanted to share my opinion with u. even if its a good idea i seriously doubt that it can be added in current version, just think about it.

Главный узурпатор всея СНК

Символ творца. Мастер многоходовочек (8.01.2018)
Сообщение 12.08.2012, 14:09
The whole idea of super-powerful ships is somewhat wrong, I believe. It's pretty much hard to balance game fractions as they are, let alone including something more powerful than these two sides taken together.

Новичок

Сообщение 12.08.2012, 16:24
i don't like to make a discussion here, but i think i didn't clearly said what i mean.

Released 2 lion and u see no change since they are lazy, but Released 2 frogs and u successfully destroyed an ecosystem.

this units are elite, they are mostly stationary, so also it would be hard to take back a system (and only dominators dont own half of the galaxy) that have such ships, they don't break havoc, since they don't move, except in very special occasions (event).
add this: they are harassers, they cant actually capture a system, they remain in a system for sometime, preventing trade and transportation, then leave (and dominators can not attack a system that have a event). (like a minor faction who can not have an actual planet for themselves.) this has been implemented in a lot of games, there is nothing wrong with it, super enemy that are both rewarding and hard (but they don't move, raze cities and kill peoples :P). as long as they don't act like faction ships (trying to capture other systems) they only make things harder and fun.
if they participate in capturing systems, well kiss your game goodbye, since it is very hard to balance such a thing.
anyway just think about it.
and good luck.

Новичок

Сообщение 25.09.2012, 18:00
I have one suggestion too. It should by 5 min to implement.

When I used to play on max difficulty, I liked to upgrade bases. But they get destroyed because few things.

1. They didn't repair their part. - So make basses repair their items.
2. They spawn as level 1, 2 etc. Which is going to suck later. Because of low armor / (HP?). - Give player option to pay for upgrading of base level.

Bonus - little harder to implement
3. Paying for, being able to upgrade items in base is very expensive at the start. - Remove this, and replace this with code, that ensure, that player doesn't salvage items of the base for money.
Example: Base items has starting value: 10k
Player can ad items to base without restriction.
Player can take items from base only if value of remaining items doesn't drop under 10k.
- Damaged equipment will have lower value, so player can't exploit it for free repair.

Капитан

Сообщение 19.11.2012, 01:30
Not so easy, Dragosani.
Sure, for a base to repair it's own gear, or keep it at least on 10% durability(to prevent exploits) is fine, as any other NPC ship repairs it's own equipment(maybe except for Tranklucators).
Changing armor standards for bases might require something far more than 5 minutes and to be honest, if you get fair weapons and shield generator for the base, let alone - droid, it should be enough for the base to be self-efficient, unless you leave it entirely alone to defend the system.
The bonus part is not just hard to implement - it's not that necessary. I also dislike paying every single base for access, but if you are unable to pay this fee - how do you intend to properly equip it?

Omega, it seems you too want some PvE addition to the game, particularity - elite\boss ships. Ru_maniac's opinion on that matter is a bit bleak, and I hope other developers will reply with more details to my suggestion in russian section of this forum.
One of the perks of this game that is being advertised - is the possibility to win this game without making a shot. As fun as this perk is, for most scenarios it exaggerates it's meaning from "don't have to make a shot" to "can't make a shot". Forces of Coalition and Dominators fight on equal terms - same technologies, same types of assault. Where Dominators have unique AoE weaponry(Vertix and IMHO), Coalition has more freelance ships - every warship\pirate\ranger can be equipped as good as Urgant.
The only thing that the player have to do is to push back Dominators at start. After that, any action player takes inevitably forces game to conclude. In addition to AI improvements that would work like "nightmare" "horror" hell" cheats, addition of ships that are exactly anti-player ships, would seem fitting. What is a system of Dominators to a well-equipped ranger? Nothing. What is a fleet of warships to an elite Dominator ship? Nothing. This could even the terms of fight between two sides and make player's actions not trivial to diminish Dominators, but actual to affect their stability.
However, seeing another part of ru-maniac's statement, it's clear that Pirates are going to have a huge effect on current conflict, to both sides. So it indeed may be redundant to suggest any balances to "old" system, until we can see the new system, let alone - 3 sides of the conflict.

Новичок

Сообщение 11.12.2013, 17:58
Congratulation guys, I still didn't had the time to check out the game, but from what I hear it's pretty good, and it seems it is successful enough.

Also you didn't add my supper enemies I forgive you (only this time, I want them on SR3) :P
good luck with fixing problems and your next projects.

Edit: I hope I didn't break some law and legs by posting this, I don't like to create new thread.

Адмирал

Владыка Шестерёнок. За безмерное количество вовремя найденных при тестировании багов и вклад в допиливание баланса игры.
Сообщение 11.12.2013, 18:01
omega :
Also you didn't add my supper enemies I forgive you

We've got a surprise for you. :-) Won't spoiler much.

Новичок

Сообщение 13.12.2013, 08:14
Oh hi bulDOSer long time no see :), So there IS a super enemy I am happy.

Anyway I played a little and found out that pirate systems dose not count toward number of space stations, so this means If a honorable pirate don't want to change side and he loss his last science station, he won't be able to complete the game because no science station will be built and he won't be able to research. the only way is to change side.

From role playing point of view the only difference btw pirates and coalition should be military station and ranger station against pirate station. A pirate need medicine and technology too, don't you agree

Адмирал

Сообщение 13.12.2013, 18:00
omega :
A pirate need medicine and technology too, don't you agree

Yeah pirates spare their last saving for drugs medicines and save medical bases, but also provide new ways to deal with Keller, player still can buy submodem (or how it's named) for Terron and their only way to eliminate Blazer is battle with no programs. So not being able to do researches is not quite the end for pirates.

Новичок

Сообщение 13.12.2013, 20:16
First of all it seems that pirate faction only build medical and pirate base. can someone confirm this?

I know what do you mean, but still science stations are there for selling dominator equipments and some of the best hulls (extra speed hulls), if pirates are a real faction witch player can chose to join, they should not have such a disadvantage.

Please note that in highest difficulty it's way too hard to get to high ranks of pirate faction (and acquiring of unique hulls), since dominators occupied too many systems, and without bases you can't get good hulls to be able to fight the dominators. currently playing as a pure pirate means you want to have extra challenge.

Oh and the fleeing asteroid in tutorial was hilarious LOL :P

Edit: There is at least 1 instance that a pirate can't continue his career, since the first mission require probing and you can only get them from science stations, situations like if he loss his last science station and also forgot to buy probes because of money, there is no way for him but to change side.

edit 2: another situation that a pirate is dependent on coalitions: to rank up to skipper you must destroy a military station, if there is non you are screwed and you must change side to revive a military station to increase your rank.

Перейти:  

Найти: