Логин  Пароль 
 запомнить меня 

Правила форума

This forum is purposed for those who's unable to speak in Russian, but still wants to take part in our products' discussion.
Since this forum is for English-speaking users, you have to speak here in English (kinda obvious, right?). All messages in any other language will be removed.

Also, you can registrate here.

Space rangers 2 HD music modding 
Автор Сообщение
Новичок

Just another damn American
Сообщение 08.09.2015, 06:29
I would like to add some music tracks so they will play alongside the ones already in the game. I have taken the following steps in an attempt to accomplish this:

• Extracted DATA/music.pkg using the PKGUnPackEng found on http://sr2.dataorb.net/
  • Added my files to MUSIC/FLY/, ensuring that they are in OGG format but have .DAT extension
  • Put the MUSIC folder into mods/musicMod/DATA/
  • Changed ModCFG.txt to read "CurrentMod=musicMod"

This has failed to accomplish anything. Where have I gone wrong? Is this even feasible, or is modding in new music tracks impossible?

Thanks,
Davi

Сотрудник СНК-Games

Символ творца. За разработку утилиты "Микроскоп", значительно облегчившей создание чемпионатных генераций КР2.

Шаман без бубна
Сообщение 08.09.2015, 09:28
You must add pathes to your music files to Main.dat. Make copy of Main.dat, open it with BlockParEditor (you can get it here) and add new pathes to Music/StarMap (assuming you want them to play in space). It will be merged with original Main.dat so you can delete all folders that you didn't change, leaving just Music/StarMap and its contents (don't delete original content though, unless you want to completely replace all tracks). Then put new Main.dat to mods/musicMod/CFG.

Новичок

Сообщение 08.09.2015, 11:48
First of all thank you for the quick response. I did what you said, but now I am getting a crash... After some testing, it seems most likely that the game is crashing upon attempting to play my music files. I tried reconverting my files and restricting the bitrate to 201 kb/s and the sample rate to 44100 Hz to more closely match the game music files I extracted from music.pkg, but this did not fix the problem.

What could be causing the crash? Is there a specific program I should use to convert the files from mp3 format? The files have a metadata field labelled "encoder", could that be to blame?

Сотрудник СНК-Games

Символ творца. За разработку утилиты "Микроскоп", значительно облегчившей создание чемпионатных генераций КР2.

Шаман без бубна
Сообщение 08.09.2015, 12:55
We were using EZ CD Audio Converter, CBR 224 kbps stereo.

Новичок

Сообщение 08.09.2015, 13:45
Sweet, I was able to get it working! Not sure if the file format was an issue; after I used the program you mentioned I was still having the same problem, so I tried moving my "music" folder into the game's root directory (from the "mods/musicMod" folder) and that did it.

One last thing, I was wondering if you could give a rundown of some of the music categories. Of course you already mentioned StarMap which is what I have been using to test but I would also like to customize the music for planet screens (with race-specific tracks if possible?), hyperspace battles, text quests, and planetary battles. If you don't know offhand I will just test them and figure it out but at first glance it seems a bit confusing (hyperspace battles could potentially be in ArcadeBattle, Battle, Hyper, or Hyper2) so I thought I would ask before putting a bunch of time into figuring it out.

Сотрудник СНК-Games

Шаман без бубна
Сообщение 08.09.2015, 13:50
Hyper and Hyper2 are for movies played when military base or dominion make hyperjump. Battle is for combat in normal space. ArcadeBattle is for hyperspace battles. Nation is for planets, RC, MC etc are for respecting stations. Quest for text quests. Robor for planet battles.

Адмирал

Владыка Шестерёнок. За безмерное количество вовремя найденных при тестировании багов и вклад в допиливание баланса игры.
Сообщение 08.09.2015, 16:56
evilcoward :
Hyper and Hyper2 are for movies played when military base or dominion make hyperjump.

Wow didn't know such movie exists. Switched the option off right after installing the game.

Адмирал

Кроличья Голова. За массовое клоноводство. Красный Кирпич. За постоянное передразнивание Димусика. Репейник Монго. За выклянчивание блинкеров.
Предупреждение. Последнее китайское предупреждение: заканчивай флудить в служебных темах. Форум -- не пикабушенька; то, что мы тут все в хороших друг с другом отношениях -- не повод устраивать везде сплошные смехуёчки.

Not implemented yet
Сообщение 08.09.2015, 16:58
bulDOSer :
Wow didn't know such movie exists.

Me too.

Guess it's not about you. ;))

Новичок

Сообщение 08.09.2015, 19:24
Thank you for your help sir! I am very impressed there is such readily available english support for modding this 10 year old russian game!! I could name many brand new english games for which the developers could care less about modding questions. I suppose the remake has probably revitalized the community a bit but either way... this thread + the 300+ hours I have enjoyed playing = 15 dollars incredibly well spent!!

Ас

-=Eorable=-
Сообщение 08.09.2015, 23:13
Davi u can also make everyone glad here by showing this game to ur friends)

WIPСыграй в фанатский квест "Похищенный"!WIP

Перейти:  

Найти: