Логин  Пароль 
 запомнить меня 

Правила форума

This forum is purposed for those who's unable to speak in Russian, but still wants to take part in our products' discussion.
Since this forum is for English-speaking users, you have to speak here in English (kinda obvious, right?). All messages in any other language will be removed.

Also, you can registrate here.

False positive on game piracy protection 
Автор Сообщение
Новичок

Сообщение 20.10.2013, 23:28
At least two other users other than myself have reported being hit with the anti-piracy protection measures screwing up their save files. (Faster planet orbits, asteroid spam, etc).

I can't speak for the others, but I know in my case there is absolutely no way there could be a pirated version of Space Rangers HD or any previous game on my hard drive; it's a brand new hard drive, so this issue couldn't possibly be caused by a pirated version of the game or triggered by older versions of Space Rangers. Since there are multiple people reporting this issue on steam, I strongly suspect the problem isn't simply my own computer and may be a genuine bug.

Naturally, having hours of gameplay utterly screwed up by this anti-piracy measure is very frustrating. I hope this issue is addressed soon otherwise myself and others will start demanding refunds from Steam for a faulty product and/or unplayable game.

---

Edit: I don't know if this will help with debugging, but the issue only seems to trigger sometimes. I have two playthroughs saved, and the first one was longer (10 in-game years) and the time bug did not trigger. In my second playthrough (6 in-game years), the bug DID appear. So it only triggers sometimes, and not every time.

P.S. -- Is there any way to check if a save has been hit with the anti-piracy measures which screws up gameplay? Or undo the damage to a saved game? I want to keep playing this game, but there's no point if its a damaged save game, so it would be good if I were able to see which saves were marked...

Адмирал

Именная монета. За бескорыстную помощь на регулярной основе всем пострадавшим от региональных ограничений игры. Кроличья Голова. Завуалированное оскорбление модератора, в ответ на замечание о пристрастии к завуалированным оскорблениям.

aka grendel
Сообщение 21.10.2013, 05:54
To check if save file is cracked you should save your game somewhere on the planet and skip a year or so (hold the space button). After that just check if there asteroids and hot sun. If it's ok, just load your game back.

Людей, движимых завистью и жадностью, прячущихся за фальшивым патриотизмом и ложной справедливостью, изменить невозможно. Такие люди сжигают свои жизни в пламени бессмысленных битв, пока не погибнут как и все остальные безумцы.
Николай Керенский

Сотрудник СНК-Games

Символ творца. За разработку утилиты "Микроскоп", значительно облегчившей создание чемпионатных генераций КР2.

Шаман без бубна
Сообщение 21.10.2013, 10:20
Regularity, if it happens again let me know, i'll send you custom executable to collect info for debugging.

Перейти:  

Найти: