Логин  Пароль 
 запомнить меня 

Правила форума

This forum is purposed for those who's unable to speak in Russian, but still wants to take part in our products' discussion.
Since this forum is for English-speaking users, you have to speak here in English (kinda obvious, right?). All messages in any other language will be removed.

Also, you can registrate here.

Space Rangers HD A War Apart Modding the English Lang.dat 
Автор Сообщение
Новичок

Сообщение 20.10.2013, 14:10
I have been attempting to open up the Lang.dat in the eng folder of Space Rangers HD A War Apart with the BlockParEditor, but it does not open. The Russian one opens just fine, so what I am wondering is if there is a either a work around to get it open, or if I am just going to have to wait until the program has been updated with that capability.

Сотрудник СНК-Games

Символ творца. За разработку утилиты "Микроскоп", значительно облегчившей создание чемпионатных генераций КР2.

Шаман без бубна
Сообщение 20.10.2013, 14:18
Unfortunately that was done intentionaly to prevent using english version of Lang.dat with cracked russian version of a game.

Новичок

Сообщение 20.10.2013, 14:23
evilcoward :
Unfortunately that was done intentionaly to prevent using english version of Lang.dat with cracked russian version of a game.

I see, so will there ever be a possibility of modding the English version, or is that off the table for the foreseeable future?

Сотрудник СНК-Games

Символ творца. За разработку утилиты "Микроскоп", значительно облегчившей создание чемпионатных генераций КР2.

Шаман без бубна
Сообщение 20.10.2013, 14:55
Well, you actually still can mod english version, you just can't use english Lang.dat for reference. Still, in russian Lang.dat most of parameters and folders have self-descriptive names in english so it is quite possible to get a general idea of what is what. Or you can just ask me on this forum if you are seeking something specific (or just can't figure out what some parameters do).

Новичок

Сообщение 20.10.2013, 15:00
After I make changes to the Russian Lang.dat file how do I get those changes into the game? Do I have to overwrite the English one with the Russian one?

Сотрудник СНК-Games

Шаман без бубна
Сообщение 20.10.2013, 15:14
1. After you make some modification remove from Lang.dat all that you have not modified (if you don't you will get russian text everywhere). Leave only your changes. Resulting file will naturally be very small, it's ok, as a game will get all missing parameters from original english Lang.dat.
2. Create new folder in Mods.
3. Put it name in ModCFG.txt (you can use several mods at once, all of them will be merged).
4. Make subfolders CFG and Eng and put your modified Lang.dat there (so it will have path like that Mods\NewMod\CFG\Eng\Lang.dat).
5. Launch a game, check ########.log if something went wrong (like a game crashed instantly).

Новичок

Сообщение 21.10.2013, 19:03
Thanks for all the help, I managed to get my small addition to the game working. What I am still wondering though is if their are any plans for the English Lang.dat to be directly editable like the Russian one, or if it is on permanent lock-down.

Сотрудник СНК-Games

Шаман без бубна
Сообщение 21.10.2013, 19:23
Well, i don't know what will happen in the future, but it will be locked for quite a while, that is for sure.

Новичок

Сообщение 21.10.2013, 21:38
Now that is unfortunate, that will probably somewhat curtail the development of any really complex mods for the English version of the game.

Новичок

Сообщение 30.10.2013, 21:55
Hello, I am playing your game and I would like to make the Czech version of this (for Czech players). Am I alould to do it? Do I need some permition from you? If I understand well, so all needed things are in the folowing files:
Package=data\russian.pkg
Package=data\quests.pkg
Could you tell me which programs shall I use for opening these files, please? It would help me a lot if I can use the English version of those files.

Thank you very much
Regards
Petr

Сотрудник СНК-Games

Шаман без бубна
Сообщение 31.10.2013, 12:53
data\russian.pkg contains graphics with writings (you can open pkg-files with ResEditor)
data\quests.pkg contains quests (you can open qm-files with TGE)
data\voicesRus.pkg contains voices for planetary battles
CFG\Rus\Lang.dat contains everything else (you can open it with BlockPar).

You can use english versions of this files except Lang.dat.

ResEditor and BlockPar are here and TGE is here.

Новичок

Сообщение 31.10.2013, 22:52
Good afternoon again,

thank you for your information which you have sent me (texts and programs). Now I have a small problem. When I have opened the text of the mission then the question marks have been appeared. Pls see the attachment.
Could you help me with this?

Thank you
Regards
Petr

Вложения:
mise.jpg
mise.jpg [ 358.25 KIB | Просмотров: 5557 ]

Перейти:  

Найти: